...

.

Monday, June 23, 2008

freeze-frame


Pre-party (prior to going to Wendy White's opening) at Tom Sanford's studio... Tom Sanford, Eric Sall, Meridith Pingree, Barnaby Whitfield. Thank you to Barnaby for standing so still, I am the worst party photographer EVER... all of my photos from the opening include at least three very blurry central figures. I'll do some cropping later and post what I can.

Tom's Studio
Here is a better picture of Tom and his recent work... not sure what might still be in progress, this is the studio... click the picture to see it larger. The piece at top right is the announcement he painted for Amanda Browder's show Cyclone, at Green Lantern Gallery, in Chicago.

cab
ride to opening with tom, martin, meridith, eric. this is what most of my photos look like.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

call madame tussaud, barnaby escaped...

so this is why you guys were already *tipsy* at my opening :)

Anonymous said...

MARTIN!! SO glad to finally meet you. I was starting to think you were my imaginary friend.
You are even better in person!

Barnaby said...

Aw crap. I guess it was obvious that wasn't actually water in my tonic bottle.

I'm annoyed said tipsiness kept me from getting a good snap of Wendy's outfit. It is ALL about a punch of orange for me now (see also Eric Sall)

Anonymous said...

someone please stop this horrid weather so i can go outside.

peeds, i was so glad to give you smooshes, though it hurt the food bags. sorry. this is how i feel these days. like a dairy farm.

martin is real! martin is real!

Anonymous said...

No, I'm sorry that I forgot! You shoulda kicked me in the golgi body.

kelli said...

Very stiff Barnaby!

Martin said...

strike a pose.

Anonymous said...

high fives friends! Martin, I am sad I missed you that night. cheers!
Barnaby darlin....where is your dry lip?

Barnaby said...

I gave it back to Christy Turlington and seem to have moved on to the 'finger under chin pose' from Richie Rich circa 1994-8.

Straight on and humorless from here on out. I keep forgettin' this shit ends up on Flickr!


Martin jst about two more days work and you are ready to be in the Smithsonian!

Maybe I will email the in progress pics...