...

.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Leslie Hall... Leslie and the Ly's


photo by Megan Leners.

Leslie Hall - performance artist, comedian, musician, painter (maybe former painter), curator, internet everything. Wow... she is awesome, like (b)ananartista... I am so impressed by these artists.

Gem Sweaters - here is the Gem Sweaters video. I think this is what set her on internet fire.
Myspace page with more music is here - the band is called Leslie and the Ly's. the photo above is from her myspace page, a fan/friend took it.

RELATED: Leslie Hall, Keeper of the Gems - on net neutrality. Peter Pan - on net neutrality. Tron Guy - on net neutrality.

7 comments:

Carla said...

I'd appreciate any tips on neutralizing the (b)anartista melody which has been looping in my head, all thanks to you, Martin.

Anonymous said...

Ok, good stuff. I would like it more without the clear humour feeling, but maybe I just miss the subtlety within. If you like this you should check Kevin Blechdom (not a guy Kevin)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=32065395

Anonymous said...

thanks, lars. myspace is getting me interested in music again...

i think leslie hall did all her stuff just on a mac program? is that right?

carla - you can't neutralize it, you just have to let it run its course.

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious where you got that photo from because it looks incredibly similar to the photo I took while at that performance.

Martin said...

hi - i didnt take it, i got it online, maybe her myspace? i dont know... but e-mail me your name and i will add your photo credit, and a link to your site if you have one. great photo.

sorry... i have had my photos lifted and posted elsewhere without attribution. my bad.

Anonymous said...

haha thats fine, my names Megan Leners, I haven't gotten a site up yet but when I do I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

i was totally at that show!!!! YAY JR GEMS!