...

.

Friday, August 24, 2007

poorstarvingartdealer

UPDATED! 8/27/07!

I think this blogger, poorstarvingartdealer, is Angus Whyte.... (UPDATE! an informed source e-mails that the gallerist is most likely Kathryn Markel, not Angus Whyte) the person that gave Richard Prince one of his first shows. S/he's venting because Richard Prince has disavowed all of the work he made at that time, including the stuff Markel/Whyte exhibited and sold, made when Prince was in his mid-twenties.

The Neuberger Museum had a show of this early stuff, curated by Michael Lobel, reviewed here by Roberta Smith. Prince refused permission to reproduce any of the work for the catalogue, which is hilarious.... considering.

Anyways, this is all old news, it's just that I found the dealer's blog post today....

I missed the show, STUPIDLY, because I was excited to go down and see that and a bunch of Eilshemius (they have a big collection)... but when I called first they said none of the Eilshemius was up. Then I was too bummed to go and then it was too late.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not old news to me! what a fascinating find. thanks for sharing the wealth.

Isaac Bigsby Trogdon said...

is it too low to pick on him for referring to felix "garcia"-torres' early work?

Anonymous said...

pick on him in a way he won't get.