...

.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

i keep finding treasures

I keep finding treasures.

01-16-06_1431.jpg
Something caught my eye walking by this little tree in the middle of a parking lot on Sunday.

01-16-06_1432.jpg
It looked like trash, but it was little birds, made of metal, wire, hot glue, and some kind of tape. I didn't have my cell phone with me so I couldn't take any pictures, but I thought about them that night and decided to go back the next day.

01-16-06_1439.jpg
Here is one.

01-16-06_1436.jpg
Here is the underside of another.

01-16-06_1433.jpg
I was looking at the birds and almost didn't notice the flowers, they weren't noticed at all the first day, the colors blended into the twigs and leaves on the ground. I picked up one flower, then another, then another. There are five altogether.

01-16-06_1435.jpg
I saw that one of the flower bulbs had a baby, or a fetus, shape. This was such a sweet surprise. The baby shape is cut metal, with paper around it. Metal stems with metal roots. Sorry my camera is not so good with detail.

01-16-06_1434.jpg
So then I looked carefully at all the flowers, to see if they also had baby shapes. This startled me, it is a girl's profile. Can you see the ponytail?

01-16-06_1438.jpg
This one is a dancing girl. The photo is awful, and the metal shape is difficult to distinguish from the paper surrounding it. They all have special shapes.

This experience had everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin, this post is gorgeous! You are a finder of tragic lost sweetness. I felt like I was on the finding adventure with you.

Anonymous said...

Might I add, that is one fine-dandy camera-phone you have there. Hey, wait... since when did you get a phone? I have some people trying to get in contact with you b/c of the Radius250 thing and I don't know how to get a hold of you...

Martin said...

Nate - My e-mail is on that view my profile page, or you can send a friendster message.