...

.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Jerry Saltz at Art Basel: Stuffy's!!!


Jerry Saltz visited Art Basel: Stuffy's!!! I'm so lucky that I happened to go to Stuffy's for a meatball sandwich and recognized him! What are the odds?

I wonder if this art fair will get on Artnet??? He seemed to take a lot of notes.


Jerry Saltz reading Michael Lease's obituary.


Jerry Saltz with work by Don Crow, Scott Eastwood, me, and Paul DiPasquale.

Sorry for all the bad cropping and angles, I was trying to be inconspicuous.


He looked at Barbara Tisserat's piece for a long time. I could hear him softly whispering.. "hello my lovelies, my pretties"... it was a little creepy.


AAARRGHH!!! He walked right by my painting! This is the SECOND TIME he has done this! Bastard!! He did the same thing last year at Scope Miami, when I was sitting out front with a bunch of paintings. I can't get a break.


Admiring one of Rachel Hayes' two pieces.


Studying one of Timothy Sean Johnston's paintings. He kept that same expression throughout the entire show, he is THAT intense. I guess maybe that is his poker-face?

I couldn't figure out what he was thinking AT ALL.

Art Basel: Stuffy's

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin, this is awesome...

Anonymous said...

incredible. Richmond is on the up!

Anonymous said...

Dimsdale!

Anonymous said...

whos laffin?

Anonymous said...

this is most fantastic.

Anonymous said...

ah ha HAHAHAHa!!! This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

this is NOT photoshop... i swear to god.

Heart As Arena said...

Dude. This is genius. Pure, heartwarming genius.

And I believe you. This is not Photoshop. I worked with Photoshop, and this is no Photoshop.