...

.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Barnaby Whitfield, Artist and Curator


Barnaby Whitfield, Fit To Burst! (Heather Stephens As The Bird Flu), 2007, pastel on paper, 28.5 by 36"

Barnaby Whitfield, Little Deaths, All The Same, at 31Grand. Heather Stephens, pictured above, is one of the owners of the gallery. Click on the picture above to see it better.

I like these two photos because you can get an idea of the installation and scale.... all of his stuff is pastel on paper.


Barnaby Whitfield, I Found Love On Manhunt! (His Profile Name Was Hernan Bas), 2008, pastel on paper, 22 by 30.

PLUS: Barnaby organized a show for the back room -


Debra Hampton, Dancer of the Kept Bolts, 2008 - my favorite in the back-room show put together by Barnaby.


!!! Gorgeous. Click the picture to see it BIGGER. Magazine collage and watercolor drawing...

Debra Hampton
Debra Hampton, Talisman (QRO), 2008, Crystal, glass, wood, silver-plated, ceramic and bone beads, feathers, deer teeth, sewing needles, x-acto blades, morse code


Christian Sampson, Oscillate Wildly, 2007, acrylic and cord on panel and Jennifer Coates, physical fraction, acrylic on canvas.

CLOSES APRIL 19th!

6 comments:

Barnaby said...

I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG! I'VE GOT A TAG!

Barnaby said...

umm I meant label...

Martin said...

Tag cause you are IT!

Barnaby said...

I love that detail pic of Debra's piece by the way...

sigh...

so..

yeah..

umm...

okay well...

that's it...

Martin said...

i know. i know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the detail Martin! It helps so that people can see it's not digital (apparently that has been a question lately... no software involved!)

I like the shot you posted of Christian and jennifer's work as well. It illustrates Barnaby's curatorial precision perfectly.