...

.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jeffery Beardsall


Jeffery Beardsall

Found two Jeffery Beardsall pieces in a new junk shop... they are NICE. Folded paper, with some kind of paint and/or pastel, in plexiglass cases, signed and dated 1979. Click on any of these pictures to see them much closer, it's worth it.


This is how I found them, but not exactly, because when I found them they were upside-down... plus, the guy has taped that white index card with the artist's name to it. I should have kept my mouth shut, maybe.


The plexi cases are original, but cracked and broken in spots. I really like these. Keep thinking of Jo Baer.

9 comments:

Michael said...

Makes me think of those Wolfgang Tillmans pieces... you know, those pieces.

Martin said...

michael - no, i completely don't know what pieces you are referencing. i don't associate these with tillmans in any sense. can you provide a link?

these are paper, the facets are mostly from folds, or maybe the paper was pressed that way. these are not two-dimensional pieces.

Anonymous said...

Not that I could afford this stuff but I am curious. What junk shop is this and where is it located?

Martin said...

eric - it's in greenwich ny, washington county... a town between sarataoga and cambridge.

what is your e-mail? can you e-mail me your e-mail address?

Anonymous said...

Hi Martin. Glad you love them. No idea how they found their way into a junk shop but these early unpainted monotypes are getting scarce, even the artist has only a few left. It seems you found two beauties, take good care of them. Would love to hear from you. You can get hold of me via the Beardsall website. petra.

Anonymous said...

MY NAME IS GARY....I DO NOT RUN A JUNK SHOP BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED..YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY"ONE MANS JUNK IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE" HE TOOK THE PICTURES BUT DID NOT BUY THEM. I STILL HAVE THEM IN MY POSSESION.
THEY ARE FOR SALE,THE CASE HAS BEEN REMOVED. PGMAN725@AOL.COM

Anonymous said...

MY NAME IS GARY GUARNO.I JUST COMMUNICATED WITH JEFFERY BEARDSALL AND HE VERIFIED THAT THEY WERE HIS AND ESTIMATED THE VALUE TO BE $5250.00 TO $6000.00 EACH.THEY NO LONGER HAVE THE PLASTIC CASE BUT OTHERWISE IN GOOD CONDITION ,,PGMAN725@AOL.COM OR PHONE 518-677-3688 $8500.00 FOR THE PAIR.

Martin said...

gary - it was a mistake to remove the plastic cases.

Anonymous said...

I took just found a Beardsall with folded texture I acquired in 1982, looking for a buyer lenorebl2002@yahoo.com, i'll get it photographed, it's called Copper Dagger.