...

.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

NYTimes Magazine 1993

NYTimes
Greg Allen's NYTimes article on artworld (or art market, same thing) gender bias has prompted me to post this not very old NYTimes Magazine cover. Artists pictured are John Chamberlain, George Condo, Donald Judd, Robert Ryman, Claes Oldenburg, Joel Shapiro, Robert Mangold, Lucas Samaras, Saul Steinberg, and Jim Dine. This looks so ancient!

Here's the response to that magazine cover from from the Guerilla Girls.

Related: Greg Allen has more to say on his blog, Tom Moody thinks the article is silly, Nicole Eisenman wants a Mercedes. I'm a little depressed because Eisenman refers to herself as being at the bottom of the totem pole - so where am I??? I'm not even a woman. I must really suck.

Not Too Related: Looking for the Guerilla Girls poster I found this Richard Polsky Artnet article in which he states "the image that really stayed with me was that of Pace owner Arne Glimcher strolling through the crowd holding hands with Julian Schnabel."

No comments: