...

.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dear Pastel Artist, pastel me


Tompac suggests to Barnaby he put me in a picture, and Barnaby in the comments says he has an idea... YES PLEASE DO IT!!! I'm ready for my closeup!!!

I haven't been painted or drawn in almost twenty years. I think these are from 1988, or at least that is when I modeled for them, both by Renee Foulks. The drawing above was a study for a large multi-figure painting.


Renee Foulks, Martin, 1988(?) - I'm sad, because I still wish that I had Jesse's girl.

This image is from a scanned-in badly stored slide. The colors are different, the image is sharper. Renee is - or was - an ultra-methodical artist, this painting is layer upon layer, with a number of sittings, and she took slides and photographs of the whole process.

Renee Foulks is a Philadelphia artist.... studied at Moore, taught me at University of the Arts, and I think is now at PAFA.

2 comments:

Barnaby said...

Geeze Louises Martin! I can see a bit of your bits!

Well I am afraid it may not have been as entertainin' as these ..but I do indeed love a challenge..

but you have to come for the 12th!

TOMPAC said...

i can't wait to see it.