...

.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

dumbo show

Photos from the DUMBO show! Curated by Jessica Hough!

dumbo
Douglas Paulson and Ward Shelley's labyrinth workshop of stored ideas.

dumbo
João Onofre video of a vulture flying around his studio. It sounds great clawing around on the floor, like a tap dancer.

dumbo
Byron Kim painting. Text is written in the white part, but too faint to see here. He made I don't know how many paintings like this every day, painting the weather and sky and adding a little diaristic text at the bottom.

dumbo
Chrissy Conant's confessions.

dumbo
Tom Burkhardt's shelf, and he has a video to the left of this.

dumbo
That is my painting in the sort of center way back there!! My wall of funny/sad letters is on the left. Byron Kim's paintings are on the right. Douglas Paulson and Ward Shelley's boxes are in the foreground. You can't see my photographs in this shot, they are on the wall behind that column to the left of my painting.

dumbo
My collection of letters. I have a lot of space!

As seen in TIME OUT NEW YORK and THE NEW YORKER!

THANK YOU Jessica Hough, Joy Glidden, and Chris Herbeck!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Martin. Congrats!

SHANNON & AARON TUCKER said...

Where in the world would one get a vulture?

Anonymous said...

I seriously must've missed the "Vulture" aisle last time I was in the art-supply store... Yeeeesh. Nice work, all.