...

.

Monday, January 22, 2007

maybe?

Okay, now I'm thinking maybe I will apply to Skowhegan and Provincetown again after all. I realized that I don't need to actually take slides, I can have slides made from the digital images of small paintings I've scanned. Plus, the raft company is definitely shut down... so that summer fun is gone.

I was just on the Skowhegan website and saw that two of this summer's faculty are artists I've shown with recently (Tom Burckhardt) and semi-recently (Angela Lorenz)... maybe that is a good sign?

Anyways, I'm not sure I will make the deadlines. I need to find out how much it costs to get the slides made and how long it takes.

RELATED: dumbo show review, troy show review, Provincetown Rejection Recap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. One slide is $10, or $3 if it is formatted in power point first. Even if I knew how to format in power point I can't afford the $75 or so for slides plus $85 for the two application fees right now.

Someone told me that their are cheaper companies that will do it through the mail...

Kai said...

Gammatech.com cheap,good,Albequerky

It's so strange that they still want slides. Socrates deadline was today and they're the same way.

Apply to Skowhegan. You'll get in, you'll have fun. Talk to your faculty artist pals- they can help you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kai, I will use them next time. Did you apply for the Socrates thing?

I never met those two artists, I didn't go to either of those receptions! LAME (of me)!

Anonymous said...

Martin,

www.slides.com is the best around. $2.50/image... they'll match prices. I've used them and have never been disappointed.

Anonymous said...

it's april 2007 now...

i placed an on-line order with gammatech on april 17th, and the slides arrived april 19th.

wow. highly recommended.