...

.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Provincetown Rejection Recap

Got my Provincetown Fine Arts Work Center rejection yesterday. This is at least my fifth rejection from them! I say "at least" because I didn't make the conscious decision to make a collection of my rejection letters until 1997, although I do still have many many rejection letters that pre-date that decision. I may have been rejected from Provincetown before 1997 but I don't have any rejection letter to jog my memory.

Following are the dates of my Provincetown rejections and the number of total applicants for each year -

March 3, 1997 - 430 total applicants

February 26, 1998 - 486 total applicants

February 25, 2000 - 381 total applicants

March 11, 2002 - 478 total applicants

March 11, 2005 - 375 total applicants

The number of applicants was really low this year!

Provincetown has a $35.00 application fee; I've spent at least $175.00 on Provincetown application fees!!! I wonder what my Lifetime Application Fee Total (for everything; Skowhegan, Rome, Roswell, Yaddo, etc etc) comes to? Plus the postage for each one, including each application's SASE of course (all of my apps sent between 1995 - 2003 were mailed from abroad!). And all the slide dupes??? Thousands!!!

Would I have made all those applications if I had been aware of statistics like this and this? Probably. I'll probably keep on applying to Provincetown too. Sucker!

What's my problem!?!

2 comments:

Mountain Man said...

I got a rejection in the mail on Friday too.
SOLIDARITY.

Cynthia said...

Not to mention the jury fees for shows...

I keep missing the deadlines so I'm never disappointed.

Sorry you didn't get in.