...

.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

openings + shows to see

.
THURSDAY:

Elmer Bischoff, at George Adams - (with Andrew Lenaghan in the other room... he had the definitive Bush portrait)
Chuck Webster, at ZieherSmith.
Alexi Worth, at DC Moore - i'm psyched to see this show.

FRIDAY:

Maureen Cavanaugh, at 31GRAND - star-studded action-packed standing-room-only see-and-be-seen!... you will have to go back a second time to see the paintings, for sure... this is the last official 31GRAND show before they merge with Black & White.

more to see (already opened):

Patrick Hill is included in a group show in the middle room at Andrea Rosen. I loved his Bortolami show.
Carol Rama, at Maccarone.
Cora Cohen, at Michael Steinberg - reviewed on Artcritical, reviewed in Brooklyn Rail.
Kelley Walker, at Paula Cooper.
Jennifer Cohen and Vlatka Horvat, at Rachel Uffner.
Richard Prince, at Gagosian.
Unbreak My Heart, at Pluto - group show including Rosanna Bruno and EJ Hauser.
The Unforgiven, at Stellan Holm - group show including Dan "Dictionary" Colen, Nate Lowman, Steven Parrino.
Joe Bradley, at Canada - to check out the show that inspired such a killer review.

I'm sure there are others I'd like to see... bummed I missed Aurel Schmidt and Bram Bogart last month. I didn't know they had shows up.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your art - watch mine on: http://ladym1.wordpress.com

Barnaby said...

Last show at 31Grand ?!!??! What?!?!?!??!

I kid.

Anonymous said...

Hey Barnaby I just wanted to let you know that you are an EDITOR'S PICK on the artcritical calendar.

Barnaby Furnas at Marianne Boesky Gallery *** Editor's Pick
509 West 24th Street 212 680 9889 www.marianneboeskygallery.com


EG

Martin said...

haha.. eric i can't tell if you're joking or not. our barnaby is barnaby blonde, that is red barnaby.

kelli said...

Martin ask Barnaby about his Barnaby Burgundy goth days.

Barnaby said...

that was awesome.

Barnaby said...

and Martin you just gave me my band name...

Martin said...

Barnaby Burgundy! crackin me up.

i remember when things were burgundy... getting my new back-to school burgundy corduroys.

Anonymous said...

I would invalidate and call into question all I have done with my life if I made such a stupid mistake. Imagine an art critic who doesn't know which Barnaby is which.

EG

Anonymous said...

(non-Barnaby item) I just finished Iain Banks second book in the Culture series, "The Player of Games" and although it was a bit slow at first, it was a great read.

Martin said...

(non-barnaby item) i just finished Day of the Triffids last night... it was a great read, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Check out Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks. It is the first book in the Culture series and it is really good. He creates intriguing new worlds and forms of life.