...

.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Field Questions

Good review of a painting show at my alma mater, Philadelphia's University of the Arts, on Fallon and Rosof's artblog. The show is curated by the Kick-ass Sid Sachs and features two of my favorites, Joe Fyfe and Dona Nelson.

I love Libby's description of Nelson's work, "her modeled surfaces barely escape being totally disgusting, yet end up affirming some kind of control that is her own". Dona Nelson is faculty at Tyler, and I almost applied there except I was so impressed with the VCU studios. Wish I had looked at the program more carefully, Nelson would have been so much better for me. Of course, if I had gone there I wouldn't have had the opportunity, however briefly, to meet with Fyfe. See Dona Nelson's work here.

Anybody in Philly? The reception is Jan 27th Thursday, 5-8pm, The University of the Arts, Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery, 333 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia Pa 215.717.6480

The show includes Ron Gorchov, Joe Fyfe, Harriet Korman , Chris Martin, Dona Nelson, Carl Ostendarp, and Aaron Williams.

No comments: