...

.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Steven Parrino, James Hyde, Joe Fyfe

Tom Moody's blog has an entry on the recently deceased Steven Parrino, including thoughts on the chilly Roberta Smith obituary and links to some comments by Bill Schwarz.

Parrino reminds me of James Hyde, James Hyde makes me think of Joe Fyfe, Joe Fyfe wrote a review of Steven Parrino.

You can see James Hyde's work at Brent Sikkema until February 5th and Joe Fyfe is currently included in a group show at Tracy Williams, I'd love to hear some NY artbloggers impressions.

I looked at Hyde's website and saw that he lists a current show here in Richmond at a place called Solvent Space, supposedly running January thru April. Anybody have any information on that? I don't know what he's talking about. It would be nice were it true.


2 comments:

Mulligan said...

Solvent Space is right next to plant Zero. It is an old storage building that VCU owns and is letting shows happen in. A good way to let students work with pros.

Martin said...

Thanks Mugsy! So is it up and running and is Hyde's piece there? I haven't seen any announcements other than what is on Hyde's website.