...

.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jo Baer review(S)

I'm glad to see that Jo Baer got a good review in the NYTimes. It's amazing how many exhibitions never get mentioned anywhere at all.

UPDATE: Carrie Moyer reviews Jo Baer for the Brooklyn Rail.

Some of the shows I saw on my last trip to NYC have been reviewed in the NYTimes, but I would like to read other views on those, and there were many other shows I saw (and some good ones I missed) that I haven't seen noted anywhere.

Here is a list of some of the shows I was interested in but which I haven't seen enough, or ANY, mentions of. It would be nice if they received more attention/discussion. Let me know of any and I can add the link (if there is a link).

Philip Akkerman - on Jen Bandini
John Beech
John Dilg
Andreas Hofer - I was seduced by the comic books of this one... I'm less into it now. I'll tell you, I have a stat counter, and he has been googled A LOT. - in Village Voice
Lauren Luloff
Mitzi Pederson
Lamar Peterson
Michael Rodriguez
David Shapiro - in Village Voice (scroll down)
Jered Sprecher - on PaintersNYC
Michael St. John - on Jen Bandini
Charles Steffen
Margo Victor - on Heart as Arena

I should wait for the magazines...

Here is a link to all my Chelsea posts, Brooklyn posts. The show at Momenta was very good, but I never posted on it (yet?)... oh, and the woman at Like the Spice was wow, amazingly nice.

It was disappointing to find that Paul Sharpe has closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey martin, thanks for the link! great blog!
jen b (escapetonewyork.net)