...

.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Zach Harris... plus

Zach Harris, at RARE (in the back). A little bit these landscapes make me think of Gregory Amenoff.

James Wagner posted on Zach after seeing his stuff at his grad show, two plus years ago... James was really into it. Right now I want to see these shows at Canada and Sunday that they are excited about. Jacques-Louis Vidal's website is crazy.

I like frames. Timothy Sean Johnston's excellent paintings are always framed... Tom Sanford... Randy Wray had some nice lumpy frames... Alison Fox is experimenting with frames and edges.

Horace Pippin is the man, that's who I thought of when I saw the Randy Wray piece.

PLUS: Pat Berran and Kate Horne, artists who have shown at Nonesuch, are included in the show in the front space (at RARE), and Pat Berran, henceforth referred to as Patrick, is featured on PaintersNYC today.

2 comments:

Steppen Wolf said...

I was at RARE last Friday. I liked Zach Harris. The frames and the painting are worth a close hard look. Puts a lot of work into it and I enjoyed it a lot. I am not so sure about the rest of the exhibition though... For some reason I did not seem to connect very much with Patrick's work though... The sculptures at the group show were also mediocre.

Barnaby said...

I love Zach Harris.