...

.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Meatballs in Space

Jack Kirby Meatballs
Here you can see some of the great Jack Kirby's meatballs (in space).
Jack Kirby should be in museums. I feel a big connection between the prints of Japanese ukiyo-e artists like Hiroshige and Hokusai and Kirby - I wonder if he looked at them? Hey! Ukiyo-e is usually translated as "pictures of the floating world" and Kirby did pictures of floating worlds! That nails it!! I really like Kirby Krackle. This meatball probably comes closest to having Kirby Krackle.

RELATED: Mountain Man, Fairy Butler, and Sloth have all curated mini-exhibitions so I thought I would do the same. Please enjoy this Meatball Slideshow of work by Tom Moody, Pat Adams, Kandinsky, and Jack Kirby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Martin,
My understanding as an ex-comic nerd is that J. Kirby was indeed very influenced by Japanese prints and ink works. This is not unusual at all, look at the work of Steve Skroce, and artists who worked on Xmen through the 90s. I like the meatballs in space. What's with all the days in the garden, are those new works you haven't shown, a side project, what's going on with all this?

Anonymous said...

Love it. Would like to enter meatball space and float with the muscle men. If I get hungry I can just break a little off.

Mountain Man said...

Great Martin! Fun to watch. Do more slideshows!

fairy butler said...

yes, to the online exhibits! Also Martin, I have been enjoying your days in the garden pieces very much.

fer said...

Siempre es un gusto ver los dibujos del maestro Kirby.